Sunday, November 17, 2013

Off to the Quilter

Sometimes it is necessary to send some of my work out. When I get a request for a large quilt it makes more sense for me to have someone else quilt it. Anything larger than a twin can get tough to quilt on my smaller machine.

The lady I have used recently has a long arm quilter with computerized stitch options--it's pretty amazing! It takes up a whole room (a large room) and while it is still work, at least she doesn't have to wrestle the quilt through the tiny opening of a regular-sized machine. You can find her here, at Riverside Quilting.

Without borders

With borders, folded in half

Most recently I sent out a t-shirt quilt and another quilt that has been in process for at least 12 years. It was to be a wedding gift for a friend and after sewing a whole line of triangles backwards, I got frustrated and put it away. There it stayed until I finally had enough! It is now quilted and just needs binding before it goes to it's forever home.

Butterfly stitch




The t-shirt quilt is also ready for binding and then off to it's forever home as well.


Meandering stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment