Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sewing Weekend

 
I took time this weekend to catch up on a little sewing. I had two minky blankets that needed topstitching and a zipper replacement that needed to be wrapped up. Additionally, I always have unfinished projects hanging around that beg for my attention. I even have projects that aren't even started, but just lie in wait. I will NEVER be out of things to sew!

I pieced the top together back in March but just finally got to quilting this one. This is a fun little quilt with elephants, monkeys, birds, frogs, lions, alligators, rhinos and giraffes. The quilt includes grays, blues, greens and oranges and would be suitable for a boy or girl. Backed with a modern gray tone-on-tone chevron print.  It is for sale in my shop!


 
This is one of the minky blankets that got it's topstitching. I loved the bright airplane pattern on this one. I think the red minky really complements the red in the planes.


This is half of a quilt top that has been waiting to be worked on. I will post more pics of this as it takes shape.

 
This little jacket got a new zipper!

It always feels good to finish things and I will keep adding to my inventory in anticipation of the holidays coming up. Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment