Monday, February 23, 2015

QuiltCon

This year I headed to Austin, TX to attend QuiltCon.

QuiltCon is a huge quilt show featuring hundreds of modern quilts, dozens of lectures and workshops by leading modern quilters, shopping and more! Presented by the Modern Quilt Guild, QuiltCon is the largest modern quilting show of its kind.

While I wasn't able to get into either of the classes I wanted, the quilt show was amazing. So much talent--I was in awe. So many beautiful, fun and interesting quilts mixing color, technique and texture. The best part was that it wasn't just fabric selection or the pattern, but also the quilting itself was a work of art.

Here are three of my favorites:



For more information on QuiltCon click here. Looks like it will be in California for 2016 and Georgia for 2017. I'm looking forward to this show growing over the next two years.


No comments:

Post a Comment