Saturday, February 28, 2015

Another Custom Quilt In Progress


I've said before that I love doing custom work. It forces me to step outside of my own tastes and to make something based on someone else's vision of what they are looking for. This particular project is a surprise gift for someone so I can't post all the pictures just yet.

The queen-sized quilt is still in process but I made a lot of progress today. I've never really tracked my hours when working on a project before, and I haven't with this one either but I do know that it took me at least four hours to sew 156 halves into 78 blocks.


The blocks are laid out on the living room floor now. I will continue tomorrow and hopefully get most of the quilt top together. I'll have a few blocks left over that I don't want to waste so I'll have to think of something to do with those. Stay tuned for more pictures of this big project!


No comments:

Post a Comment